5 social-media ground-rules…

I was asked to give a short presentation on Social-media in Education for First-year parents / guardians in the school I teach in, early last week. These students are twelve / thirteen years of age.

I pulled together a few slides, suggesting how their children might use digital applications for learning and alerting parents to  some of the current issues especially cyber-bullying on the ask.fm site.

One slide in particular “Ground rules”, gained attention and was recommended by some who noticed it on Twitter.

It is essentially a very short ethical policy for students in their use of Social-media. This is it below…

The full presentation can be viewed here.

The photo above is from mrsdkrebs Flickr photo-stream (here).

5 comments

1. Pingback: Update: Diigo in Education group (weekly) | ChalkTech
  2. Pingback: 5 social-media ground-rules… | eLearning Island | Focus: Online EdTech | Scoop.it
  3. Pingback: 5 social-media ground-rules… | eLearning Island | Integrating elearning into classrooms | Scoop.it
  4. Pingback: 5 social-media ground-rules… | eLearning Island | Social Media For U | Scoop.it
  5. Pingback: 5 social-media ground-rules… | eLearning Island | Technology to Teach | Scoop.it