Information / Knowledge and perhaps Wisdom!

photoBlog Updated! (29/1/2014)

Apologies to my readers – the last few weeks have been hectic, so little time for blogging.

I did however continue to Tweet (@domaho) and I noticed an interesting thing – a picture I tweeted, was re-tweeted sixty times and favourited on forty-two occasions.

I also used the image on a number of occasions in school, once asking students to have a conversation about what it meant to them.

I decided to write a short blog about it and with the help of Peg (@ethnobot) from New Hampshire and José Picardo (@josepicardo) from London, I discovered it was drawn by Hugh MacLeod (@gapingvoid) based in Miami Beach.

He says of his company ” We use art to help change business culture.” Educators certainly like  his art too!

Information and Knowledge – an interesting combination.

Quality information is valuable and not to be easily dismissed. Knowledge, however is something else and requires greater discernment to recognise it.

In the era of the Search-engine, with instant answers, we need to work at information and knowledge – MacLeod’s image is perhaps a little two-dimensional – but there again, that depends on interpretation.

Any thoughts out there?…………………………………………………………………………………

photo (1)I just received this from Richard Cantwell (@ManAboutCouch).

I’m checking this out with Hugh MacLeod!

Thanks Richard…I have got no reply from Hugh but interestingly two Twitter followers informed me that the third panel was added by Bob Marshall (@flowchainsensei).

Harvard’s Nieman Journalism Lab cites the two-panel in its article “connecting the dots” (here).

I have to say that updating the blog posting has certainly helped me in at least disseminating the correct information! Now for knowledge and wisdom!

@examtime just Tweeted me this question. Confirms deep interest in this topic by educators… No I had not seen this postingby Belle Beth Cooper at Buffer. It is very good (here).